Last Friday, February 22nd, was my big debut as a craft beer professional. Well, almost professional. Getting paid in beer is close enough. My buddy got me a gig hosting a craft beer tasting at a local restaurant, the Buffalo Wing Factory. I represented five beers all from different breweries.
- Lost Rhino Rhino Chasers Bohemian Pilsner
- Williamsburg Alewerks Washington’s Porter
- Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA
- Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale
- Butternuts Moo Thunder Stout
The Rhino Chasers Bohemian Pilsner by Lost Rhino in Ashburn, Virginia was our first beer. I explained a bit about the history of the Pilsner and cold-fermented lagers. This was paired with an avocado salad with bell peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, sweet onions and lime juice. Continue reading